We now deliver first aid training
Allset safety training are proud to have teamed up with a very energetic, knowledegable and enthusiatic trainer to be able to deliver a range of First Aid at Work Courses.
We currently are only offering the Emergency First Aid at Work Course, however look to being able to delivering a range of First Aid Training to meet your specific or legislative requirements.
Changes to CSCS Green Card (Labourer Card)
The Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) is making changes for obtaining a Green Card (Labourer Card). These new requirements being introduced from July 2014 state that along with the CITB Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) Test, a qualification (or alternative) must be achieved in order to apply for the Green Card.
This qualification can be the CITB CSkills Site Safety Plus 1 Day Health and Safety Awareness Course.
This is a course that we deliver regularly. Click here for more information.
Allset Safety Training Ltd
Innovation Centre Medway
KENT ME5 9FD
Mob: 07875 427330 (Jamie)
07791 378481 (Louise)
Please also use our contact form.
We are now on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter!!
ASBESTOS AWARENESS COURSE – ½ Day
This course is designed for the employer to meet their obligations under the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012. The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, Regulation 10 requires every employer to ensure that adequate information, instruction and training is given to their employees who are or who are liable to be exposed to Asbestos, or to those who supervise such employees.
The syllabus covers Asbestos Awareness Training as described in paragraph 124 (a) of the Approved Code of Practice. Please note that this course does not provide delegates with the skills or competence to carry out any form of licenced or unlicenced to remove or disturb asbestos or asbestos containing materials. As an awareness course, the content will assist employers in meeting their duties by explaining:
• The properties of Asbestos
• Its effects on the health,
• The types, uses and likely occurrences of Asbestos and Asbestos containing materials in buildings and plant,
• The general procedures to be followed in the event of an emergency
• How to avoid the risks from Asbestos containing materials.
To provide awareness for site based employees of the hazards and risks posed by asbestos containing materials within their working environment and an overview of the legislative measures in place to safeguard themselves and others affected by work activities.
Outline the properties, risks and its effects on health of Asbestos exposure:
• Describe the properties of Asbestos.
• The risks and effects to health caused by exposure to Asbestos.
• Increased risks from smoking.
Have a general knowledge of the types, uses and likely occurrence of Asbestos and Asbestos Containing Materials in buildings and plant and be in a position to:
• Explain where Asbestos and Asbestos containing materials can be typically found within buildings;
How to avoid the risks from Asbestos
• Describe the risks of fibre release from Asbestos insulation, Asbestos insulating board, Asbestos cement and other Asbestos containing
• Demonstrate an awareness of how to find information about the presence of Asbestos before starting work;
• Explain the general emergency arrangements to be used in the event that Asbestos or Asbestos containing materials discovered during the course of works.
Outline of legislation relating to Asbestos
• Outline of the legislation governing Asbestos and work with Asbestos
• Outline legislative framework for managing Asbestos